In Canada, most firms that are large do not provide immigration services. Immigration services are primarily given by independent lawyers or you can find services from Ronen Kurzfeld Immigration Lawyer Toronto. So, when choosing a good lawyer requires deep research. Following are some of the things you can include in your research:
- Referrals: Referrals are one of the best ways to find a good lawyer. If some of your friends and relatives had a good experience working with a lawyer and they refer you the same lawyer, you can get a good lawyer. Also, you can look at the references put forward by the lawyer. If people had a good experience, they would tell you, and if they had bad experiences, they would tell you. So, you can be sure if you would like to hire a lawyer or not.
- Experience: Experience is a factor which determines the expertise of a lawyer. You should go for no lawyer who has an experience less than ten years. Though some would argue that experience has nothing to do with expertise, but you cannot be in a field for so long if you are not an expert.
- Contract: By professional orders, signing a contract is necessary. You should ask for a detailed written contract from a lawyer if you hire them.
- Funds Transferred in Trust: As per POL Canada, a lawyer’s fees are always taken in the trust account. When a client pays the fees, the fees are monitored by Professional Order. This also proves that the lawyer follows the rules.
- Assessment Initially: A lawyer will outline all the process involved with the application in writing and that too at no charge.
- Advertisement: There are many advertisements about Canadian immigration lawyers. You shouldn’t get impressed by only the advertisement. You should do deep research by yourself.
- Online: You can take help online. Go through the websites of the law firms. You can also find them in the social media pages. You should read the blogs they post online. Are they regularly posting blogs with in-depth analysis and information?
- Publications: In the industry publications, you are going to find that the immigration lawyer is regularly writing articles. You can ask them to show you the articles when you meet the lawyer. In those articles look whether you find they have in-depth analysis and information.
- Canadian Bar Association: Don’t avoid to look at the license of the lawyer. They need to be a member of the Canadian Bar Association.